Cyber Projects Specialist
Business Unit / Team: Chief Operating Office
Salary range: £36,800 - £55,200 per annum DOE + red-hot benefits
Location: Glasgow or Gosforth
Contract Type: Permanent Full Time
Your next adventure starts here
As a Cyber Projects specialist, you will become part of the dynamic Cyber Projects Team within the Information Security & Resilience function. The Cyber landscape is constantly evolving, and with this so too are security threats and risks. You will have an important role in protecting the Bank and its customers working across a number of the Bank’s change initiatives and provide security expertise to Business and Technical stakeholders. You will play a key role in ensuring that security controls are delivered inside Projects and change initiatives in line with business risk appetite.
What you’ll be doing…
• Defining appropriate security requirements and controls to mitigate identified security risks across change initiatives
• Influencing the right security risk outcomes for the organisation in line with risk appetite.
• Driving compliance with Information Security Standards, as well as Legal, Regulatory and Scheme security requirements.
• Ensuring that required controls are implemented by working closely with Design, Build and Test teams as well as Business stakeholders.
• Assuring key controls through the coordination of 3rd party security testing.
• Communicating security risks to stakeholders at all levels throughout the organisation.
• Working collaboratively across the Information Security & Resilience team, as well as the wider Bank, to ensure cyber risks and threats are appropriately managed on change initiatives.
• Providing support for Front Door requests to ensure these are complete, understood and allocated in a timely manner.
We need you to have…
• A passion for Cyber Security and risk.
• Working knowledge of fundamental technical security concepts.
• Practical experience of multiple Information Security domains.
• Practical experience and application of risk, within a cyber security context.
• Excellent communication skills and ability to influence change at all levels.
• Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
• An ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-changing environment.
• An aptitude to quickly assimilate and understand complex changes in order to efficiently present information to identify issues and consider solutions.
We’d love it if you had, but not essential….
• Professional Information Security Qualification, for example CISM, CISA, CompTIA Security+, CompTIA.
• Working knowledge of best practice Security Standards and Principles, including ISO/IEC 27001, NCSC Security Cloud Principles, NIST, PCI DSS etc.
• Experience of working within an agile project development environment.
Red Hot Rewards
• Generous holidays - 38.5 days annual leave (including bank holidays and prorated if part-time) plus the option to buy more
• Up to five extra paid well-being days per year
• 20 weeks paid, gender-neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
• Market-leading pension and free private medical cover
• Flexible benefits include Cycle to Work, wellness and health assessments, and critical illness
• Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And there's no waiting around, you'll enjoy these benefits from day one.
Feeling insatiably curious about this role? Apply as soon as you can. If we’re lucky to receive a lot of interest, we may close the advert early and would hate you to miss out.
We're all about helping you Live a Life More Virgin, so happy to talk flexible working with you.
Say hello to Virgin Money
We’re making great strides towards achieving our ambition of becoming the UK’s best digital bank. As a full-service digital bank with a heritage stretching back over 180 years, we`re a workforce to be reckoned with. We're putting the full power of our experience behind disruptive ideas that reinvent the role a bank plays in people's lives. We strive to create positive experiences for our millions of customers and our purpose, ‘Making You Happier About Money’, underpins everything we do. We believe in doing banking differently, innovating and working together to make a real difference. Join us and Live a Life More Virgin that empowers you with choice and flexibility in how you work.
Be yourself at Virgin Money
Our purpose is to make people happier about money, this means seeing and feeling the world as our customers do by creating a workforce that reflects the rich diversity of our customers and communities. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where colleagues feel safe and inspired to contribute, speak up and be heard.
Now the legal bit
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it), but we'll need you to confirm you have the right to work in the UK.
If you're successful in securing a role with us, there are some checks you need to complete before starting. These include credit and criminal record checks and three years' worth of satisfactory references. If the role is part of the Senior Manager Regime and Certification Regime, it requires enhanced pre-employment checks – we'll ask for six years of regulatory references, and once in the role, you'll be subject to periodic employment checks.
There are no similar roles at the moment.View all roles