Business Unit: Chief Operating Office
Salary Range: £60,400 - £90,600 per annum DOE + red-hot benefits
Location: Remote – work from anywhere within the UK with weekly travel required to Hub or Store
Contract Type: Fixed Term (9 months)
Your next adventure starts here
As an Audit Manager, you’ll be a key part of our team, reporting into a Senior Audit Manager as your people leader. You’ll own and develop positive and strong relationships with senior stakeholders and stay close to the activity in their areas. You’ll use your experience and knowledge to really understand the business’ changing risk landscape and ensure our audit activity is effectively targeted and value-add.
You’ll contribute to the strategic thinking and direction of the Audit team, and play your part in developing, leading and delivering our audit plan as part of the wider team.
What you’ll be doing…
• Supporting the development of a relevant, high quality and value-add audit plan for your area, whilst working with the wider team to take a “best team” approach to audits for other areas of our annual audit plan;
• Leading and delivering audit engagements to agreed quality requirements and timescales
• Keeping pace with external regulations, internal audit best practice and any thought leadership in your area;
• Promoting risk management and control awareness through proactive coaching with our stakeholders and development activities in our team; and
• Attending relevant committees to keep abreast of changes to the control environment.
• Own and develop positive and strong relationships with senior stakeholders and stay close to the activity in their areas
We need you to have…
• A track record in building and managing stakeholder relationships
• Problem solving and a desire to find new ways of doing things, with the ability to bring pragmatic solutions into use
• Critical thinking and the confidence to challenge others to think differently
• The ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team;
• Proactivity to learn and develop, and contribute to the success of the team;
• The ability to work across multiple projects and successfully deliver quality results on time
We’d love it if you had, but not essential….
• Procurement, third-party or change management risks and controls experience.
Red Hot Rewards
• Generous holidays - 38.5 days annual leave (including bank holidays and prorated if part-time) plus the option to buy more
• Up to five extra paid well-being days per year
• 20 weeks paid, gender-neutral family leave (52 weeks in total) for expectant parents and those looking to adopt
• Market-leading pension and free private medical cover
• Flexible benefits include Cycle to Work, wellness and health assessments, and critical illness
• Ability to work anywhere in the UK (where the role allows)
And there's no waiting around, you'll enjoy these benefits from day one.
Feeling insatiably curious about this role? Apply as soon as you can. If we’re lucky to receive a lot of interest, we may close the advert early and would hate you to miss out.
We're all about helping you Live a Life More Virgin, so happy to talk flexible working with you.
Say hello to Virgin Money
We’re making great strides towards achieving our ambition of becoming the UK’s best digital bank. As a full-service digital bank with a heritage stretching back over 180 years, we`re a workforce to be reckoned with. We're putting the full power of our experience behind disruptive ideas that reinvent the role a bank plays in people's lives. We strive to create positive experiences for our millions of customers and our purpose, ‘Making You Happier About Money’, underpins everything we do. We believe in doing banking differently, innovating and working together to make a real difference. Join us and Live a Life More Virgin that empowers you with choice and flexibility in how you work.
Be yourself at Virgin Money
Our purpose is to make people happier about money, this means seeing and feeling the world as our customers do by creating a workforce that reflects the rich diversity of our customers and communities. We’re committed to creating an inclusive culture where colleagues feel safe and inspired to contribute, speak up and be heard.
Now the legal bit
Living A Life More Virgin allows our colleagues to be based anywhere in the UK (if the role allows it), but we'll need you to confirm you have the right to work in the UK.
If you're successful in securing a role with us, there are some checks you need to complete before starting. These include credit and criminal record checks and three years' worth of satisfactory references. If the role is part of the Senior Manager Regime and Certification Regime, it requires enhanced pre-employment checks – we'll ask for six years of regulatory references, and once in the role, you'll be subject to periodic employment checks.
There are no similar roles at the moment.View all roles